URSUS - Miura C50 Carbon Clincher Road Wheels
Road racing cycling wheel Miura C50 is the Ursus concept for clincher.
50 mm profile UD monocoque rims with HPS shield that provides improved dissipation of heating derived from prolonged braking on the carbon.
Equipped with aluminum hubs featuring low friction technology Ursus BBS.
Carbon-aluminum hubs are available as well on request.
- HUBS: Black hubs in alloy ERGAL 7075. Seal ball bearings high fluidity. System BBS. Also available with CERAMIC bearings.
- WEIGHT: Front 748 gr, rear 908 gr
- RIM: Rim: 28” Clincher rim. Monocoque 100% carbon fiber UD, HPS heating protection shield, HTG High TG resin and UDR unidirectional carbon fiber reinforced. Brake pads for carbon rim provided by Ursus
- PROFILE: Height 50 mm, Wide profile 24 mm.
- SPOKES: Inox flat spokes. Straight pull head and bend head rear cassette body side. Front: 20. Rear: 24.
- NIPPLES: Black external brass nipples thread lock system.
- Q UICK RELEASE: Ursus WB04 alloy quick release
SLN: Self Lock Nipples
Thanks to the patented self-locking nipples sphere perforated nylon is inserted into the brim of the spoke nipples, This totally eliminates the problem, when decreasing speed, of rays, allowing the wheel to stay centered and tensioned over time.
BBS: Ball Bearing System
System where four hub bearings are inserted for optimum fluidity. In the area behind the rear wheel hub there are two bearings in a line that restrict the pin from bending. The reduction of the lack eliminates the dispersion of power exerted on the wheel.
HTG: High-TG Resin System
The carbon used in these rims and soaked by a particular resin is very resistant to high temperatures created from the brake pads on the rim. This part causes a lower deterioration of the carbon in time and thus a better performance of the final rim.
HPS: Heating Protection Shield
An important system of inorganic reinforced fiber. Where the heat which is created from the rim during the breaking process is blocked by this particular shield, allowing the internal structure not to affect the integrity of the carbon.
UDR: Unidirectional Carbon Rim Renforced
This carbon fiber is designed to work in the line of force of the main load. This allows to maintain a very high rigidness/ weight ratio. The rim with this type of fiber is lighter and more resistant to loads and is reinforced with the addition of material in the nipples. Thanks to a treatment in which nano elastomeric undergoes the rim, the fiber appears to be more resistant to any micro-fracture. Moreover, thanks to the use of a particular seam in the layers of carbon in the area of the spoke nipples, it has a better compactness within the rim which avoids the delaminating of the layers of carbon.