PowerPod Ant+ Road Cycling Power Meter by VeloComp
FINALLY: simple, portable, affordable power measurement for your Garmin or other ANT bike computer!
PowerPod ANT provides "gold-standard", both-leg power measurement, using patented technology that has been tested and proven with some of the top pro teams in the world.
SIMPLE TO SETUP
You don't swap-out wheels, cranks or pedals. Instead, PowerPod installation is incredibly easy:
1) Attach the PowerPod mount to your handlebars (or, with the optional Combo mount, directly beneath your Garmin!)
2) Pair the PowerPod to your bike computer's ANT speed or speed/cadence sensor
3) Pair your Garmin or other ANT bike computer to your PowerPod
Then, just ride!
SIMPLE TO USE
The PowerPod has just one button and one "status light". It is an absolute breeze to set up.
Your Garmin or ANT bike computer displays and records PowerPod power, and other cycling measurements.
After the ride, if you wish you can use Velocomp's free Isaac software for PC/Mac, to view detailed power, wind speed, bike speed, elevation, slope, and more!
PowerPod moves effortlessly from bike-to-bike. Use the same PowerPod with all your bikes; you simply attach it (and your bike computer, of course!) to the bike you're riding today. PowerPod automatically detects which bike you're riding, and readjusts its internal settings for best performance.
Check out the reviews linked below--you'll be delighted (and maybe astonished) by the respect PowerPod has earned from reviewers globally.
No other both-leg power meter comes close to matching the $299 MSRP of PowerPod.
FOUR MEMORIZED BIKE PROFILES
PowerPod can be configured for up to four different bike profiles. PowerPod automatically identifies which bike you're riding and switches profiles for you!
CYCLING ANALYSIS THAT GROWS WITH YOU
PowerPod's accurate, both-leg power measurements help cyclists of all levels make great strides in riding performance.
And if you are an advanced cyclist, PowerPod delivers cycling insights no other power meter can:
- Isaac software (free download) reads PowerPod ride data. Isaac shows the basic metrics: Power, Speed, and Elevation (plus heart rate and cadence, if you also have those sensors). For advanced users, Isaac also shows gear ratio, wind speed, climbing slope, drafting analysis, braking/freewheeling/pedaling/sprinting behavior, riding efficiency and lots, lots more!
- The optional PowerPod BLE Upgrade makes your PowerPod compatible with Velocomp's PowerHouse Bike app (see below), delivering professional-level power training workouts renowned cycling coach Hunter Allen.
- Did you know that sloppy bike handling is akin to carrying a few extra pounds up each and every climb? The optional PowerStroke Upgrade analyzes your left/right and front/back pedal motion, helping pedal more smoothly and economically.
- Coming soon, PowerPod also will perform real-world aerodynamic (CdA) measurement, enabled through an optional upgrade.
- In sum: PowerPod provides important cycling metrics that no other power meter, at any price, can provide. Check out the chart below, which provides a complete comparison between PowerPod and other power meter types.
WHAT REVIEWERS ARE SAYING
- DC Rainmaker: "Overall, I’ve found that the PowerPod can be solidly accurate in most situations, assuming you are aware of the limitations – or aware of changes to configuration that could impact it. Further, it’s ability to seemingly ‘heal’ itself does act as a bit of a safety net should the aerodynamic profile change significantly enough to otherwise impact power readers. I’d sum it up as: If you do a clean calibration ride – things are impressively accurate across a wide range of riding environments and positions." https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/03/powerpod-depth-review.html
- The Chain Link: "...So what’s the verdict on this thing? Is it possible to get good power data for less than half the cost of the next thing on the market? Yeah, sure. The PowerPod proved to be a consistent (and surprisingly durable) performer in a variety of conditions, some of which it was never intended for..." http://www.thechainlink.org/page/product-review-powerpod-power-meter
- The 5k runner: "...considerably cheaper than a direct force power meter and easily swappable between bikes.....Perfect for the beginner and multi-bike owner. Perfect for the expert too. … you can work out how to tweak your riding position if you think about it. Cool." https://the5krunner.com/2016/11/17/1-minute-review-velocomp-powerpod-power-meter-ant-ble/
- SLO cyclist: "Upsides: Seriously inexpensive in comparison to other power meters, and easy to swap between bikes–especially if you’ve got two mounts. Power readings are consistent from ride to ride as long as you properly calibrate the unit with a warm-up ride. The Isaac software complements the PowerPod and gives you a ridiculous amount of analysis opportunities." http://www.slocyclist.com/powerpod-review-cheap-power-meter-that-performs/
- The Happy athlete: “5* for Price, Performance, Ease of use and Effectiveness!... The PowerPod is an excellent, affordable, accurate power meter that is simple to install and use and is one of my Top products for 2016. http://www.thehappyathlete.net/product-reviews/bikes-gear/powerpod-review/
- BikeWorldNews: "Velocomp PowerPod: Power data on a budget" "..There are a lot of benefits to this kind of a power meter. There is no complicated installation, just install the mount and install the PowerPod onto the mount. All of that took maybe 5 minutes. Once that’s done, you can swap it from bike to bike ... the PowerPod detects what speed sensor you are using, and if it is not the last one used, will automatically calibrate in the first minute or two. " https://www.bikeworldnews.com/2016/10/14/velocomp-powerpod-power-data-budget/
- Flatslowtriathlete: “I played around with cadence, mashing, spinning to see how it effected and they all seemed to correspond. The result? I was much worse than even I thought I was… After I got home I decided to compare to the power I could generate on Zwift… The result? Almost exactly the same amount of average and normalized power over the same course. I’ll count that as accurate.” http://fatslowtriathlete.com/2016/08/31/product-review-powerpod-power-meter/
- BikeWorldNews.com " What it measures: Above and beyond power, the PowerPod ... measures the motion of the bike and can provide efficiency metrics for... rolling resistance [aerodynamic] and drag. It can go as far as showing you data on how braking and handling affected your efficiency. Real world usage: The expanded data can be useful in reviewing ... much efficiency is lost. You can use it to tweak your bike fit to see changes affect your efficiency. The CdA (drag) numbers can help show you real world aerodynamics information that was previously only found in the wind tunnel. Who can benefit: Any cyclist or triathlete looking to improve their efficiency." https://www.bikeworldnews.com/2017/07/19/collecting-new-types-of-data-to-become-a-better-athlete/
Best of life magazine "I’m a 47-year-old IT manager. I spend my days in meetings and over two hours a day in the car commuting. I hadn’t seriously ridden any significant mileage in over two years... Prior to the PowerPod, I didn’t know a lot about power, wattage, or other similar data points... I snuck in 6 rides with the PowerPod. After each one... I made changes to my riding style, some based on this data, others based on getting back into a groove.... Of note here is a 2 mile per hour increase in my average speed. I felt more powerful... My legs are back and my lungs are nearly back. ...I am very pleased with the PowerPod. It offers me insights into my rides I didn’t have before. I’m learning more with each ride, and I find myself competing against the little black device secured to my handlebars. Will it know I coasted here? Did it see me take a break? Could I work harder? Yes. Yes. Yes".
- Roadbikerider.com "... Truly Powerful! ... with the PowerPod priced at $299, the others must reduce their prices by at least another 50% more to even get close ...a single-leg DFPM can be way off from actual total power. The way PowerPod’s algorithms work make it much closer to what a dual-leg power meter would indicate” https://roadbikerider.com/latest-rbr-newsletter-2017/272-issue-no-754/2742-velocomp-powerpod
- Biketestreviews "PowerPod is simple to use and [would be] a bargain at even twice the price. Highly recommended - A true 5/5 star rating!" http://biketestreviews.com/velocomp-powerpod-power-meter/
- VeloUk: "It’s all the craze these days – watts ... but getting them on the screen... can be an expensive business. ...if you could see how many watts you were producing across all your bikes and for less than £300, would that be tempting? [PowerPod is] an electronic piece of wizardry that attaches to your handlebars... and takes its data and displays it in your Garmin or other ANT+ bike computer. Powerpod can also be used in conjunction with a long list of turbo trainers and rollers. Is it accurate? – [DC Rainmaker] thinks so…" https://www.velouk.net/2017/06/14/bikekit-powerpod/
- Pedalnorth.com: "As a non-pro cyclist who is performance-driven but also has to pay the bills ... I could only dream of training to power. Whilst ... I knew the benefit of it, I never considered ... a power meter due to the hefty price tag they come at. A ... colleague told me about PowerPod and I thought that could be a good option for me... ...I did a training camp in Mallorca, and it was my first time properly testing the pod... next to people with other power meters. I was really happy to see the accuracy of it against other more expensive power meters. ...I feel that I benefitted a lot from having PowerPod, my training was more specific and I was much more aware of my limits power-wise. I would highly recommend investing in it, if you plan to take your training to another level. http://www.pedalnorth.com/content/powerpod
POWERPOD ANT INCLUDES
PowerPod ANT sensor, upgradeable to ANT/BLE
PowerPod handlebar mount for 31.8 round handlebars
USB charging cable (attach to computer or USB charger)
NOTE: An ANT+ speed sensor is required. PowerPod may be incompatible with these speed sensors: